Friday, 10 January 2014

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


  • I believe my media product represents teenagers/young adults who are interested and enjoy listening to different types of rock music, like my target audience who I am aiming my magazine at. 
  • I think I have highlighted which social groups are represented through images, design and layout, also the particular articles and artists/bands I included. 
  • From using darker colours and bold fonts, it contributed to the layout and house style of a traditional rock magazine.
  • The fact I used a young model (teenage/young adult) it will appeal to my audience and potentially the older teenage girl social group represented. If I had used a younger/older model it wouldn't have been as appealing the that social group and the target market of my magazine. 
  • There is a very prominent, stereotypical view on people who enjoy rock music, or subgenres of rock music like grunge and punk. 
  • I tried to include different types of styles into my magazine to represent all the subgenres and appeal to all the social groups. 
  • When I was initially research and planning my product, I kept and open mind and ensured to cover and fulfill these different subgenres to make my magazine open to many people and social groups, not just my target audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment