Friday, 10 January 2014

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


From doing this product, I believe I have become more experienced with some computer software such as Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. Although I also used some other software that I am more familiar with such as Paint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint. I think because I used software that I was both familiar and not familiar with, it made creating my magazine product was more fun and slightly challenging.

It also allowed with to experiment with different pictures and texts on different software. For example my first design idea on Adobe InDesign included a different image than I chose at the end of my project. It allowed me to create variety and conceive different ideas and layouts until I was happy with the appearance of my magazine.  
Adobe InDesign Initial Idea                              My Final Idea  


In Adobe InDesign I learnt how to use many new techniques to make my product look professional and good quality. For exmaple, adding text in a high standard way, and copying and pasting images over each other without any loss in quality or making the page untidy/blurry etc.

Another example of a product I changed and improved using Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word.

My First Contents Page Idea                           My Final Idea


I changed my contents page design, theme and layout quite a lot. I am happy with my finished page and believe it shows portrays my house style and magazine style well. Without experimenting with different software and programs first I don't think my finished product would be what is it finally.

When it comes to photography, I was lucky enough to have a good quality, DSLR camera. This made my images look a lot more professional and of a higher standard quality. I was extremely happy with my images and how they turned out. However, if I were to do the project again I would take more pictures because sometimes I felt like I was re-using the same images over and over again.
I am happy with my model choice because I think Rachael conveyed the perfect image for my feature article that I was aiming for. I think the images support and correspond with the house style and theme/layout of the magazine. 

My First Feature Article Idea

 
My Final Feature Article Idea


_________________________________________________________________

However, I did also struggle with the software at times. For example: Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop. This is when I would turn to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to use the tools on there, which I was more familiar with. Although the standard isn't as professional on Microsoft products, I don't think this affected my pages at all, and if anything made them better because I was confident with what to do and how to improve my pages with these specific programs. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment